Monday, March 07, 2005

3 Hours to 24

Let's take a break from the world of real violence and take comfort in the world of fake violence.

Before this season, much to my regret, I had never seen 24. Now, I'm addicted. Every episode brims with explosions, shootings, and terrorists. It's fantastic. My only gripe with a near perfect season was the character of Mya, CTU Director Erin Driscoll's schizo kid. Thank Christ, she killed herself last episode, revealing how her irritating character fit into the larger puzzle that is 24's various interweaving subplots. It seems the shock of her daughter's suicide will lead to Driscoll's inability to lead and renegade Tony Almeida's taking over of CTU.

It also looks like 24's writers will implicate rogue elements within the government of conspiring to meltdown the nuclear reactors. Got to love healthy paranoia. Well, you know where I am every Monday between the hours of nine and ten o'clock pm.